Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My 20 Cents: The Chic Boutique tour



A few weekends ago I had the wonderful opportunity to go for a spin on the Chic Boutique Tour. After coaxing BG down from the 'burbs with the promise of free food, drinks and a chauffeured ride around town to some of Atlanta's best boutiques, I was ready for girls day out. We started our day at Redefined Home Boutique on the Westside with mimosas, yogurt parfaits and a Pink Carpet Social. Once BG and I were done posing for the cameras, meeting the other ladies, partaking in the food and drink and planning the decor for my future home, we boarded the Chic Boutique Tour bus and were ready to start spending. On the bus we were treated to our first course prepared by Chef Jamil Pearson and a Veev Lupuschini to get the blood flowing for a day of trying on and trying out new styles.





The first stop of the day was Buckhead's newest gem, Raw Denim where the jeans and accessories were the stars of the show. Although Raw Denim wasn't my style, I did spy a pair of black jeggings that would fit my wardrobe perfectly if only they had my size. After our group dropped their cash at Raw, we moved to another Buckhead location, 5Continents. This co-op style shop specializes in gear from all five continents- I have been told that only in America do we recognize 7 continents everyone else counts North and South America as one continent go figure. Although it's name is still a bit of a mystery to me, 5Continents wowed everyone with their abundance of handmade, fair trade wares that you would usually only find on vacation. With 5Continents down and three boutiques to go, we piled back on the bus for another round of food and drink, this time we noshed pasta salad and sipped a Veev Lupuschini remix this time featuring pomegranate juice. With our bellies full we made our way to our next stop, NV-U Boutique's Midtown location on Peachtree. NV-U's mix of local designers and spring perfect styles was right up my alley-including the printed cardboard earring made by an Atlanta area designer. After NV-U, where BG grabbed a sick maxi dress for herself and a super cute stripped one for me, we headed over to East Atlanta Village to check in with the ladies at Demure Boutique. While Demure was full of gorgeous goods, my caffeine meter was running on E so I Around Me-ed the nearest coffee shop to get my fix-as did a slew of the other ladies. Soy latte in hand, I boarded the bus and was treated to a much needed pick me up in the form of a cake ball from Cake Balls by Nikki-which I had the opportunity to try a few weeks before at the Sweet Auburn Market's Urban Picnic with the BF. These heavenly, sweet, moist, chocolately dessert bites were literally the frosting on the cake of a perfect day. As we battled Atlanta traffic to our planned final boutique, Anne Taylor Loft in Atlantic Station, it was evident that traffic was winning so the decision was made to catch Anne Taylor on the next go round and headed back to Redefined Home to pick up our swag bags. Speaking of which, these bags-technically baskets-were jammed packed with more goodies than a little bit. From beauty tools like a moisturizing cuticle pen, that I use every day , and an eye lash curler which is right on time since I can't find refills for my Shu Uemura curler stateside to a gift certificate for Exhale, love their Core Fusion Yoga class, and Easter candies, this basket was bursting at the seams! Even better than all of the goodies was the hand written Thank You card from the Chic Boutique Tour organizer Rosalynn Wilson-first rule of being BAP is sending out gorge Thank You cards fyi.

All in all the Chic Boutique Tour was the perfect antidote to me missing my ladies back home. BG is already telling her friends and gathering a group for the next tour on June 18. Hint, hint-follow the ladies on twitter and like them on facebook to stay up to date and find out the when, where and how you can get tickets for June's tour on the low low.

2 comments:

  1. So fabulous, thanks so much! Glad you had a great time! See you and BG on the next one.

    ReplyDelete