Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brooke Nipar is Hot!




From SeeingPinkElephants.com


After seeing Cassie's spread for DimePiece, I was made privy to the fact that the photos were styled by Radio Rose Garcia of ATWG and shot by Brooke Nipar. You may or may not have heard of her, but I know you're familiar with her work. Honestly, I was unfamiliar with her name but when skimming through her portfolio I instantly recognized the shots of M.I.A., Natasha Khan and Lykke Li. Brooke has worked with Nylon, my favorite out of print magazine Missbehave, Hellz Bellz, Lady Footlocker, Teen Vogue, Made Me and Maxim just to name a few. Her style is very of the moment with its candid, "you got me" feel. That said, girlie is super badass, as evidenced by the DimePiece shot and her work with Hellz Bellz. As awesome as her editorial work is, her photo diary is even better. It lacks the polish of her commercial work but in stripping down her subjects you get a better feel for her as photographer. The same style she brings when shooting for Luxurie is there in her diary with a dose of actual reality that can often be out of place in editorial shoots. I'm going to stop pretending to be some sort of authority on photography and tell you to check out Brooke Nipar's website and diary, and then decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment